Friday, May 27, 2011

Home Stretch, Baby!

All right, so I'm still slacking on the blogging but I have a few decent excuses. I'm in edits with my latest in the Eden Saga, Legally Bound...I'm trying to finish my newest BDSM currently titled Political Ties and hey...it's bloody summer! I'm not sure how much you people know about summer in Alberta Canada but let me tell you, it's short as all hell. I mean SHORT.

Also, I quit smoking. Yeah, you heard me. 1 month/1 week/3 days. Christ, I'm a miserable-god-awful-shrew when I'm not smoking. Wow. It is a miracle that my husband hasn't divorced me yet. So yeah, the writing has been slow and the blogging even slower. Not to mention trying to keep up with this twitter, Facebook, and blog business isn't exactly something I excel at...at least that's what I'm finding out. So please bear with the lack of consistency. I will get on top of it one day. I swear it!

Any other writers out there who've quit smoking? How do you deal with the anxiety, the lack of creativity, and the need for a distraction? Not to mention keep up exercising and eating healthy when you would much rather lay on the couch with an extra cheese pizza and a tub of ice cream?

3 comments:

Cassie Hynds said...

Hey Rynne - Sorry I'm late to the party here ;)

I quit smoking 12 years ago. For the 2nd time. The first time was HELL. I was still going out with my first husband and people were smoking everywhere. I think I made it a month.

The 2nd time was easier. I met my 2nd (& current/last thank you very much!) hubby and we hit it off immediately. On our 3rd date he told me that he really had a hard time with me smoking. So I quit. Cold turkey.

The first few weeks were really hard. I play the piano so I did a LOT of that. Unfortunately I also ate (I'm an accomplished emotional eater LOL) more than I should. I also drank a LOT of water. That helped me flush all the old crap out of my system.

I read a ton of books. I cross-stitched. I crocheted. I chewed gum like a gum shortage was predicted. And I went on a ton of dates with my soon-to-be-husband and had a LOT of sex LOL (That's ALWAYS my first choice for anxiety relief!).

How's it going for you? It's been a few month...were you able to be successful? I know from experience that this is one hellacious addiction to overcome.

Rynne Raines said...

You're not late to any party and...er...yeah....the smoking...weeeellll, I started again. *marks one up in the fail column* frowny face.

BUT, I will not be defeated and will try again eventually. On the up side I'm finally getting some work done and I'm not longer a miserable bitch...lmao.

Thanks so much for popping by. Oh, BTW, how do I follow your blog? Is there a follow tab or something? Ttys xxx

Cassie Hynds said...

You follow my blog thru Google friends. If you want, send me the email address you use for signing in and I'll send you an invite :) You can email me at cassie@cassiehynds.com.

Hey it took me two times to really quit - it'll happen when it's time! Don't chalk it up to failure - chalk it up to another good try. After all, you DID quit for awhile :) Any time off is good for your lungs!!

And I'm waiting with bated Breath here for Legally Bound and Political Ties!! Woo hoo! Loved, loved LOVED Pure Sin!